About Our Membership
Join MAME • Member Benefits • Annual Dues • Memberships • For More Information
MAME members are dedicated professionals committed to providing the best possible media services for their students. If you work in a school library media center in Michigan, become a part of MAME today!
- Complete the online membership form. Do not use this form if you are attending the conference - membership is included in your conference registration.
- When mailing payment for membership or event attendance, please complete the specific online form and use the address given.
Resources and Publications:
Five Reasons to Join MAME!
1. Connections and Networking
Get connected with other School Librarians across the state (as Doug Johnson puts it, "inter-species communication") through:
MAME has been advocating at the state and national level and connecting with other groups to provide a stronger presence for our profession:
3. Professional Development
MAME provides professional development relevant to the school library profession and provides SCECHs that can be used toward teaching certificate renewal at the:
4. Support for School Libraries
MAME actively promotes and supports members with:
• AASL Standards for the 21st Century Learner & Learning4Life
5. Current Information and News
MAME provides members with timely and profession-specific information through Media Matters: a monthly email-delivered newsletter.
Memberships and Annual Dues
A membership year is renewed at the time of the fall conference (Oct./Nov.).
- Regular Membership: $50
- Full-Time Student Members: $30
- Commercial Members: $50
- Retirees: $30
- Retired Lifetime Members: A $150 one-time payment. Retired lifetime members can also attend the annual fall conference for free in exchange for volunteering for two hours each day attended.
For More Information
For membership questions, email Karen Becknell, MAME Database Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.