Grants for Libraries • Grants for Education • Lists of Resources
Grants for Libraries
Grants for Education
- Adopt-A-Classroom Matches teachers with community partners and funds to purchase resources for the classroom.
- Best Buy Foundation / Community Grants The Community Grants program is being reevaluated to consider how they can best serve the current needs of the community partners. Once finalized in late spring, the details and new criteria will be posted on this site.
- Digital Wish Grants Submit a technology-based lesson plan for a chance to win over 50 different technology grants.
- NEA Foundation Grants The NEA Foundation awards close to 200 grants per year to support educators' efforts to close the achievement gaps, develop creative learning opportunities for students, and enhance their own professional development.
- Verizon Foundation Grants
- NCFL Events and Funding Opportunities
Online Fundraising Sites
- DonorsChoose.org has a the shopping cart icon in the upper right called the "Giving Cart." People who visit DonorsChoose.org go through the list of requests from teachers and purchase supplies or donate funds.
- Adoptaclassroom.org has teachers register and list needed items. Donors search by location, school, teacher, etc. Both you and your students can tell people to donate to their class or create a Facebook account—whatever it takes to get pople to your website who will adopt your class.
- PayPal.com offers online fundraising where you can set your account to announce your cause, accept credit card donations, and use Partner Tools to reach out to other fundraising sites. Donated money goes into your PayPal account.
- GoFundMe.com allows you to set up a web page to state your cause and connect to Facebook and other social networking sites to collect donations.
- ChipIn.com allows donors to make small donations with the idea that every little bit helps.