Grants for Libraries • Grants for Education • Lists of Resources
Grants for Libraries
- LLCF Library Grant Program Sponsored by the Lois Lenski Covey Foundation awards grants for purchasing books published for young people preschool through grade 8 to libraries that serve economically or socially at-risk children, have limited book budgets, and demonstrate need.
- AASL Awards and Grants brochure listing all that AASL offers
- Margaret Alexander Edwards Trust Grant The purpose of the MAE Trust is to award grants to librarians who "promote the free reading of teenagers."
Grants for Education
- Adopt-A-Classroom Matches teachers with community partners and funds to purchase resources for the classroom.
- Best Buy Foundation / Community Grants Grants for nonprofit organizations that provide teens access to opportunities through technology.
- Digital Wish Grants Submit a technology-based lesson plan for a chance to win over 50 different technology grants.
- NEA Foundation Grants The NEA Foundation awards close to 200 grants per year to support educators' efforts to close the achievement gaps, develop creative learning opportunities for students, and enhance their own professional development.
- Verizon Foundation Grants
- Litera-Seeds mini-grant sponsored by Toyota Awards 10-20 $500 mini-grants for educator-led programs and events that emphasize inter-generational participation and learning. One-time opportunity for 2013; deadline: December 20, 2012.
Online Fundraising Sites
- DonorsChoose.org has a the shopping cart icon in the upper right called the "Giving Cart." People who visit DonorsChoose.org go through the list of requests from teachers and purchase supplies or donate funds.
- Adoptaclassroom.org has teachers register and list needed items. Donors search by location, school, teacher, etc. Both you and your students can tell people to donate to their class or create a Facebook account—whatever it takes to get pople to your website who will adopt your class.
- PayPal.com offers online fundraising where you can set your account to announce your cause, accept credit card donations, and use Partner Tools to reach out to other fundraising sites. Donated money goes into your PayPal account.
- GoFundMe.com allows you to set up a web page to state your cause and connect to Facebook and other social networking sites to collect donations.
- ChipIn.com allows donors to make small donations with the idea that every little bit helps.
Lists of Resources
- Cash for Your Classroom: Expert Tips and Resources for Raising Funds and Building Relationships
- Ed.gov Discretionary Grant Competitions
- Education World: The Grants Center
- Edutopia: Grant information
- Fundsnet Services
- G5: Dept. of Education's Grants management system
- Grant Wrangler: Grants for Teachers
- Public Education Network: Grant and Funding Information
Got resources to contribute? Please email us!