Curriculum and Standards
Standards from the MDE • National Standards • Library Media Curriculum • Resources for Implementation
Standards from the Michigan Department of Education
Library Media Curriculum
State of Michigan:
American Association of School Librarians:
Partnership for 21st Century Skills:
Comparing the Standards:
"21st Century Student Outcomes and Support Systems." Framework for 21st Century Learning. P21 Partnership for 21st Century Skills, 2004. Web. 08 May 2012. <http://www.p21.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=254&Itemid=120>
Resources for Implementation
Resources for the AASL Standards:
- AASL's Building Level Toolkit
- AASL's Learning 4 Life
- AASL's Standards for the 21st Century Learner Lesson Plan Database
- AASL Standards: Hotlinks to the Four Standards
- AASL Learning Standards to Common Core Standards Crosswalk
- AASL's A Planning Guide for Empowering Learnerswith School Library Program Assessment Rubric
- From the Creative Minds of 21st Century Librarians Downloadable pdf book of lesson plans aligned with AASL standards for all grade levels.
Resources for the Common Core Standards:
- MORE: Michigan Online Resources for Educators Web links associated with curriculum standards.
- SCoPe: A model curriculum produced by Oakland Schools based upon knowledge of state and national curriculum standards, curriculum design experience with local school districts, and study of professional literature of curriculum.
- TRAILS: Tool for Real-Time Assessment of Information Literacy Skills
Got resources to contribute? Please email us!